The Basic pharmacology laboratory has equipment for research in smooth muscle pharmacology and biochemical and endocrine pharmacology. Some of the commonly used equipments in the laboratory include Langendorff apparatus, 2 channel physiograph, data acquisition system, tissue homogenizer, refrigerated centrifuge, UV- spectrophotometer.
Neuropharmacology equipment like rota rod apparatus, analgesiometer, pole climbing apparatus, photoactometer and various mazes are also present.
The Clinical Pharmacology Unit has the following as their major equipments , besides support equipments including freezers, centrifuges, biosafety cabinet, Milli Q water, evaporators, vacuum manifold, for purpose of therapeutic drug monitoring:
HPLC Systems ; 5 in number
- Waters e 2695 Separations Module quaternary pump, column oven, auto sampler with 2489 UV/Vis detector.
- Agilent Technologies Quaternary 1290 Infinity pump with 1260 Infinity auto sampler, column oven and UV/Vis detector.
- Shimadzu prominence LC-20 AT with detector systems SPD-20A UV/Vis detector and RF – 20A Prominence Fluorescence plus CTO-10 ASVP Column Oven. Gradient System with manual injection.
- Shimadzu Quaternary LC-2010CHT with auto sampler and UV/Vis detector.
- Shimadzu Quaternary LC-2010AHT with auto sampler and UV/Vis detector.
UFLC System ; One : Shimadzu UFLC. Quaternary Pump (Nexera X2 SIL-30AD) with auto sampler (Nexera X2 SIL -30AC), column oven (CTO-20AC) and SPD-20A UV/Vis detector.
LC-MS/MS System; One: Acquity UPLC Quaternary pump LC system with auto sampler and column oven linked to Acquity TQ Detector.